Tuesday, May 06, 2008

I love this super cheap tool - so many forms, so little time!

I get so excited by what you can find on the web these days. I'm doing some work for a charity at the moment and I wanted to build an online event registration form that compiled a database and also sent the event registrant a confirmation email. We have a great IT company that does a lot of work free for the charity, but they'd have to spend some additional IT time on this and they were going to have to charge us $600. Now this isn't a lot of money, but when you're a charity, it's enough! So I went to good ole Google for an investigate and found a tool that I love so much I can't stop telling people about it.

Wufoo.com is a completely idiot proof form builder. It's FREE if you only want 100 entries a month, which was all I needed, but even the version you have to pay for is only $24 a month for up to 3,000 entries AND it manages payments.

This tool has so many uses: as a database/sign up form, as an event registration, as a survey tool, as a means of taking payments.

It only took me about 30 minutes to customise a form in the colours I wanted, upload a logo and start collecting responses. Seriously.

I think I'm in love. Check it out at www.wufoo.com.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My brother has started his own company and was having trouble with the advertising and creating websites aspect. A quick search online led him to this website marketingeye.com.au. They are just awesome! Not only were they efficient and pleasant to work with, their marketing consultants cost only $24,000 per year. I would strongly recommend them to all of you guys as they do a really broad range of marketing services that would surely meet your needs

Anonymous said...

nice blog you have. I enjoyed very much.

Anonymous said...

Firstly, I totally love the idea of your blog and will be forwarding the link on to my Mum, who runs her own small business and has, you guessed it, zero marketing budget!

I work in a marketing role that has a much less challenging budget (although not a generous one), but discovering websites like wufoo make my job a whooole lot easier! No longer shall I spend my days attempting to palm of the data entry of my promo surveys - problem solved. Thankyou!